Friday 18 April 2014

DYLAN COVERS #145 Laibach/Triggerfinger - Ballad of a Thin Man


Somthing is happening here??

LAIBACH - Ballad of a Thin Man (2011)

Here are two Covers of  Ballad of a Thin Man from two European Bands. The first is by our Slovenian friends Laibach and is from their album An Introduction to (2011).

The second take was recorded by the Belgian band Triggerfinger from a Radio session in May 2011.

Both version lose nothing of the dark mystery of the song. I especially like the Laibach take.
 
TRIGGERFINGER - Ballad of a Thin Man (2011)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #145 Laibach/Triggerfinger - Ballad of a Thin Man
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
C
18 April 2014 at 19:16

Interesting! Ballad of a Thin Man is one of the small handful of Dylan songs that I actually like sung by him...(sorry)... so I have a bit more time for it. I really like the Laibach film, and I really like the Triggerfinger treatment. So all in all, it's all good!

Reply
avatar
18 April 2014 at 21:06

C - You've been with the professors
And they've all liked your looks

Reply
avatar
19 April 2014 at 00:10

Two versions that confirm what a great feature this is. I would never have dreamt of listening to either of these and that would've been my loss. Two interesting and engaging approaches. I'd probably pick the Triggerfinger interpretation if I had to, but it's a close run thing.

Reply