Friday 22 August 2014

DYLAN COVERS # 160 Harry Belafonte - Forever Young/Tomorrow is a Long Time

There's a hole in my record dear Odetta!

 
HARRY BELAFONE - Forever Young (1981)

Haryy Belafonte was quite importamt in the early career of Dylan. Dylan played harmonica on a take of Midnight Special. It was to be his first recording in the studio. The year was 1961. (please correct me if I am wrong).  See below.

The two covers are not great but again they are not too unpleasant either. The first track Forever Young is on the 1981 album Loving You is where I Belong.The second one, Tomorrow is a Long Tine can be found on the album Homeward Bound (1969)

 
HARRY BELAFONE - Tomorrow is a Long Time (1969)

As an added bonus I have included the HB track that includes Dylan's first ever studio recording of him playing the harp.

 
HARRY BELAFONTE - Midnight Special Take 1 Featuring Bob Dylan (1961)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS # 160 Harry Belafonte - Forever Young/Tomorrow is a Long Time
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
23 August 2014 at 02:11

Hate the man's politics but he did justice to both songs.

Reply
avatar
23 August 2014 at 09:09

Anon - thanks for dropping by, can't say I know much about his politics!!

Reply
avatar
24 August 2014 at 20:50

I don't know too much about Harry Belafonte's politics either, but as far as I'm aware he's a humanitarian who loathes George W Bush - can't knock that. I've never really liked his music, though I did find myself unexpectedly enjoying his take on 'Forever Young'.

Reply