Thursday 16 October 2014

Marilyn Manson - 'Apple of Sodom' / Rammstein - 'Rammstein'


GIVE ME A GUITAR!

Have the urge to kick over your neighbour's green recycling bin? Avoid bewildering your kids by listening to GMAG instead!


Mum, Dad, Vicar, meet my new boyfriend...


Marilyn Manson - 'Apple of Sodom' (1997)

Here are a couple of tracks to make your ears bleed for a little bit, hopefully in a good way if that's at all possible. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I didn't know they were mine until I was I was slapped in the face by the Shoe of Love. Yes my long term girlfriend left me and I was reeling, living that time like the lyrics to Prince's 'Nothing Compares To You'. Blah Blah, it happens to everyone I know but despite a new found clarity in music, I stopped listening to it for awhile. That was until I was introduced to the soundtrack to David Lynch's creepfest, Lost Highway and that was it, it was exactly the kind of heart massage I needed. In reflection it also shows the dark, despairing place I was trying to dig myself out of, funny how music vividly takes you back to an era. Dark and sinister, these two tracks will live with me forever......

Mum, Dad, Vicar, meet my new German exchange students..they'll be staying for a week.


Rammstein - 'Rammstein' (1997)

Awesome Fact: I once went to a Rammstein concert with several members of this blog and despite the incredible noise, the sweat and amazing pyrotechnics, London Scouser managed to fall asleep standing up against a wall of the venue. 


Related Posts

Marilyn Manson - 'Apple of Sodom' / Rammstein - 'Rammstein'
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
17 October 2014 at 09:38

A couple of stonkers! whatever gets you tru' the night!.

Reply