Sunday 15 March 2015

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 15/03/2015 - Jack Garratt, Sleaford Mods, Kiddus I

Three tracks to treat yo mamma to...




SFW:-
Jack Garratt - 'The Love You're Given' (2015)


This track has picked me up after a few weeks of melancholy,  London singer Jack Garratt's perfect blend of James Blake-meets-Damien Rice is the antidote for the blues.  Its like drinking a glass of vino on a sunny porch. Enjoy it, it reminds you that it is spring!

Old Pa's Corner :-
Kiddus I and the Home Grown band - 'Take a trip' (2015)

 

Here is a Reggae track from Old School veteran Kiddus I. And I kid you not this is rather good. I will just have to listen to his album as this is the only thing I have heard and I love it lots and lots and lots. It is time, It is time, Africa is Calling, Africa is Calling!


Flycasual:-
Sleaford Mods - 'A Little Ditty' (2014)


Not really new but I've been listening to quite a bit of the vitriolic, 'Punk-Rap', Nottingham duo since I caught their Chubbed Up Singles Collection album at the tail end of last year. Unabashed, foul mouthed social commentary on the state of modern Britain never sounded so good, like a cross between The Fall and The Streets. A Little Ditty is taken from Divide and Exit which was also released last year. As a special treat, check out 'Jobseeker' from their Singles Collection, hilariously vicious!


Listen or even better, subscribe to our tracks of the week playlist here...

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 15/03/2015 - Jack Garratt, Sleaford Mods, Kiddus I
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
15 March 2015 at 17:04

SFW - not too sure about this I think I would prefer a Pint.
FC - interesting, prefer Jobseeker

Reply
avatar
16 March 2015 at 16:11

I'm going to see Sleaford Mods in May. Hadn't seen that live 'Jobseeker' - excellent.

Reply
avatar
20 April 2015 at 02:54

Sfw, great track this, definitely has that James Blake thing going on.

Old Pa, nice Old skool Reggae, love the backing.

Reply