Wednesday 29 April 2015

Jim Reeves - I won't Come in While He's There

OLD PA'S WEDNESDAY CLUB

THE BLACK TRENCH COAT (verse 2)

Sleep with Men


 < 
JIM REEVES - I Won't Come in While He's There

One of my favourite voices of all time, the fabulous. the silky tones of Genteman Jim.


THE BLACK TRENCH COAT (Verse 2)


She wanted to have her freedom
(sleep with  men)
The bar was warm it was bright
I stood alone at the bar
I asked for a beer and a whiskey to chase
The juke box was busy and playing loud
It was country tunes
My empty glasses
Needed a quick refresh
The words ‘I won’t  come in while he’s there
Stungthey stung in my grieving ears
The light mixed with the smoke
People had no faces
Voices were a drone

 I needed a drink
i slipped on my 'Famous' Black Trenchcoat
i headed for the door, the night, the biting rain
searching for another Bar, searching for anywhere
wanting her

Verse 1: Is here

Related Posts

Jim Reeves - I won't Come in While He's There
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
C
29 April 2015 at 17:24

I'm intrigued, Old Pa... she sounds like a femme fatale!

And I absolutely adore trench-coats...

Reply