Tuesday 4 October 2016

Austin Basham - Find a way

TUESDAY BLUES

Do you like Singer/Songwriters/Alt-Country/Americana or Indie-Folk, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!




Austin Basham - Find a way (2015)


Is Austin, Texas the "new" Seattle? I don't bloody know but it seems to me that every 'new' singer/songwriter that I stumble upon, seems to call the city of SXSW home, let alone be named after it! Folk fans will rejoice at the start of 'Find a way' with its Dylan-esq arpeggios and story of love and loss. I'm glad that when the banjo and bass drum starts it doesn't go all 'mumford' as he subtly manages to bring it back down.

Austin Basham currently is under the Nettwerk management label (Father John Misty, Stereophonics, Alexi Murdoch, etc).  

You were the water cleaning my wounds
Meek was the water
Meek I am too
You are my orchid covered in snow
The sun shining winter
A garden that grows
But oh, we just gotta hold on

Oh, before I go
I'm gonna find a way to say that I only needed you
Oh, before I'm gone
I'm gonna find a way to say that I love you
And I have been lying with these fears slowly dying
But I've gotta go away
No I won't know
I won't know
Where the winds will blow
As I cross the seas will you still believe in the light of me?

And I said oh what a gal as my ship catches sail
My heart beckons through holy waters
Because I saw sorrow in myself
As fires fury from my hands

Oh living waters grace this land
Oh, living waters grace this land
Oh, now that I'm gone

I'm gonna find a way to say that I love you
The most
Oh, now that I'm gone
I'm gonna find a way to say that I love you most of all
I love you most of all
And oh we just gotta hold on


By Sfw

Related Posts

Austin Basham - Find a way
4/ 5
Oleh