Monday 27 March 2017

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 26/03/2017 - Feist, Alt-J, Aimee Mann, Kasabian,

Tracks Of The Week

Instagram @alanreesb


Sfw:-
Feist - 'Pleasure' (2017)



It's an absolute pleasure to share this track (sorry!!) by the lovely Miss Feist. I've been patiently waiting for new material from her since her 2011 album 'Metals' (It's in my top 10 of all time!) and I popped (not pooped) with excitement when this appeared in my post box last week. It's the title track from her new album, that is out on the 28th April. There's something about her voice that makes me all gooey (no not like that, that's disgusting) and I could listen to her all night and day.  What a pleasure!

Flycasual:-
Alt-J - '3WW' (2017)


Weird is good! Dennis Hopper Blue Velvet weird! With a bit of Folk, a bit of Dub, a bit of Massive Attack and a bit of ELO, Alt-J definitely have a knack for doing things a little bit abstract and this one is most definitely up there. Not conforming to the classic verse, chorus, verse, '3WW' is like having several different songs in one and one of the most original tracks I've heard in some time. Alt-J's third album, Relaxer, from which this is the lead single is out on June 9th.

Old Pa:-
Aimee Mann - 'Patient Zero' (2017)



This is a great track from Aimee Mann. I have always liked her and seemed to have lost track of her over the past few years. She has a new album out shortly and if this is anything to go by it is gonna be good. I for one will be listening to it.

London Scouser:-
Kasabian - 'You're In Love With A Psycho' (2017)



Ever since I first heard 'LSF' I've been huge fan's of Leicester's (not Armenia's) Kasabian. This is quite mellow in comparison to some of their more recent releases. And Shellhunter please don't think it's aimed at you !!! I wonder if the rest of the album 'For Crying Out Loud' will be like this or more like the rockier stuff for which they've become known for. Either way I'm gonna listen and no doubt enjoy




Subscribe/listen to our Tracks of the Week. Click here.

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 26/03/2017 - Feist, Alt-J, Aimee Mann, Kasabian,
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
27 March 2017 at 14:22

Sfw, track of the week! Heard this the other day, raw and drrrty.

Old Pa, pleasant enough but as far as I am concerned, Aimee Mann, is still well in credit on the strength of 4th of July.

LS, it started well enough but I feel the chorus lets it down, saying that they're not one of the biggest bands in the U.K. for nothing.

Reply